Skin Image is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and this hasn’t changed even in light of the recent European Data Legalisation. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Skin Image may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect information about you that helps us to deliver our expert services and treatments safely, ethically and ensure they are right for you. We will also collect data on this website to process your order, manage your details, and, if you agree, to contact you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
When you complete an enquiry form on our website or via the telephone, the information you provide will be entered into our client database, and be used to contact you regarding your enquiry, appointment arrangements or in regards to feedback or complaints. We will also contact you regarding other products, services and offers, but you can request for this to be stopped at any time (further details below). We may also use your information for analysis of our database, which contributes to improving our service, ensuring relevant clinic placements and being open at the best times for our clients.
Skin Image may share your email address to a company outside of the Skin Image Group Ltd for social marketing purposes. However, this is not to market to yourself, but to identify other people who exhibit similar interests to you, or have the same concerns and looking to resolve these, so that we can market our services to them.
We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
What information do we collect?
If you are new to Skin Image, upon visiting our website and completing a consultation request form, we collect initial contact information, this includes:
1. Your email address and preferred telephone number
2. Your treatment interests and clinic preferences
- Consent for us to contact you in regards to your enquiry
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
2. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
If you are already a client of Skin Image, had treatments with us or been to see us for a consultation, we may collect further information from you if you complete a medical questionnaire, a form on the website requesting an appointment, completing feedback or entering a competition:
1. Your name, address, gender, age, date of birth, skin type and hair colour
2. Occupation, how you heard about us, emergency contact details
- Your email address, mobile number, landline number or work number
1. Your treatment interests, why you chose to have a treatment
2. Medical information including and not exhaustive; pregnancy, medical history, current medication or previous treatments you have received
3. Photographs of the area you are having treated
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and any other personal information that you choose to send to us
If you are purchasing a product from our online shop, we will collect the following data to ensure the safe, anti-fraudulent processing of your purchase –
1. Your name, delivery address and postcode
2. Your email address, mobile number, landline number or work number
- Your billing details, including your credit/debit card payment details and billing address
What we do with the information we gather:
We are allowed to use your information in these ways and share the information as described below because:
- We need to so that we can provide you with products and treatments and to manage your account with us.
- We need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (such as legal obligations to keep details of treatments had by customers for a certain period of time).
- Some of our use of your information is necessary for our legitimate business interests (such as conducting market research).
- You have given your consent to us using your data in relation to some forms of use. For example, in relation to using your information to send you marketing messages. You can opt out of this at any time.
Further details below explain how we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service:
1. Internal record keeping
1. This ensures that your treatments are relevant, delivered ethically and safely for your skin type, hair type or health status based on the medical information you supply to us
2. We can provide you with appointment reminders to ensure you receive the best results
3. We can monitor your treatment progress using photographs held securely on your account
4. We can make sure the contact information for you is up to date
2. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have provided consent when completing an enquiry form;
1. You will receive appointment confirmations and reminders via text and/or email for when you have an appointment booked
2. You will receive reminders via text and/or email for when you have an appointment due if you have bought a course, or had a treatment with us
3. We may periodically send promotional emails or texts about new products & treatments, monthly newsletters, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
4. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or customer feedback surveys. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
5. You can at any point unsubscribe from receiving any marketing or appointment information communications from us via our emails and text messages. Or you can directly contact our enquiry team to request to be removed.
1. Should you wish to make a complaint following an adverse reaction or unsatisfactory experience in one of our clinics
1. The photographs we store of your treatment progress allows us to ensure any incidents are recorded, and we may request further photographic evidence following a complaint to assess the area
2. We will use contact details to respond to any complaint communication that you send
3. We use the treatment information to be able to assess that you have received the correct settings, products or machinery
2. Send you goods purchased through our website;
3. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
How long do we keep your information?
We require to store your personal information including treatment information, images and buying data for certain periods of time due to compliance with the law and insurance purposes. We keep client records, including medical data, images and treatment data for 3.5 years from the last treatment or purchase with Skin Image. This data is then disposed of securely.
In cases where issues have arose from treatment or customer service issues and these issues are ongoing we will keep the information for longer until a resolution has been completed. In this case the original documents are held securely in line with data protection at our head office and are only shared between 3rd parties as needed. These 3rd parties consist of Insurers, underwriters and Skin Image. When cases are then closed the data is then disposed of securely.
In order to comply with legislation regarding the retention of financial data, all companies must hold their financial data, including details of whom goods have been sold to and purchased from, for a period of 6 years from the end of their last financial year. As a company we therefore retain records for 7 years to ensure we comply with the legislation in place
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- Ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Customer Service Advisor on 0845 125 8415. You can make a subject access request by completing the organisation’s form for making a subject access request. If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from our emails, opting out of texts using the DS Stop number provided, or by calling, writing to or emailing your clinic
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Skin Image, 18 Lloyds Street, Manchester M2 5WA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.